Madden Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE Madden Leagues offical Forums

HomeMadden RevolutionPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS

Go down 
+3
Jamie4321
cat_burgler
GoldenRage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldenRage
Admin
GoldenRage

SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:44 am

So im assuming most of the MRL saw the much anticipated game between SGIBS and SHOCKER. I've got to admit, I was actually on the edge of my seat during the first 3 qts of the game. Shocker by some strange reason managed to hang around for a long while up until GIBS was able to adjust offensively and put the finishing touches to the final score. Question is, did SHOCKER earn anyones respect? or did he actually loose some especially after pulling the onside fake kick stunt that caused GIBS to waste a time out that could of been crucial. Good Strategy or Classless Strategy??? Question
Back to top Go down
cat_burgler

cat_burgler

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm

I think it was a move of a desperate person who knew the end was approaching real fast... Sad ....and he started reachng 4 anything that was within his grasp ( onside kick )...anyway I don't know him but from what I've seen......every man deserves a last wish...... Very Happy ..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Jamie4321

Jamie4321

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Going into the game I had no respect for shocker then during the game he started to earn some respect from me but then he showed his true colors and backed me up on how I felt before the game With the lame onside kick attempt but all in all was a decent game but like they said just out classed.
Back to top Go down
xhhx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Jamie4321 wrote:
Going into the game I had no respect for shocker then during the game he started to earn some respect from me but then he showed his true colors and backed me up on how I felt before the game With the lame onside kick attempt but all in all was a decent game but like they said just out classed.

ya i feel the same way,

and now i have absolutely zero respect for him after he tried to make an excuse of why he didn't get the first down on 4th and 2. He is a bumm and always will be; my dislike for shocker grows more and more after each tweet.

He needs to stop making excuses and own up to his actions on and off the field.

I will no longer hold my tongue when it comes to shocker, i have had enough of his ignorance.
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:55 pm

I finally had the time to watch the live game broadcast of Shocker and Sgibs and while i know id enjoy a drink and some bull$%#@ing with the fellas on the cast, I gotta comment on my utter disappointment with the gamestyles presented by Shocker and Gibs. I saw no ingenuity other than the fact that shocker knew the draw would work on the uberzones Gibs displayed and Gibs saw the pick route to ford would work against the 46 man. THAT's it. I saw the same defense with the typical same adjustments (loop blitz where the end and LB come clean from the confused AI by gibs). The whole time I watched the game i was like, is this a virtual football competition or who can cheese-read the best? 10/11 guys all back in coverage? I didnt see football just being played. I saw crutches and cliche.

Now dont get me wrong, we all have our money plays, our money routes depending on down and distance. But that display was who had the better tasting cheese? Gouda, bluecheese, goatcheese, hoghead cheese, Brie, swiss. Not football!!!!!

That being said, I greatly respect the time and effort zfarls and sgibs put into maddenbible.com. I was browsing the site to see if there were basic things for the "sim ballers" out there like reading a defense presnap, causing mismatches in matchups, etc. You guys are clearly talented enough to put a tab for "sim game" strategies and tips. Just a thought. Im busting chops about cheese ballers but really yall are 'tournament ballers' and there clearly is a niche for that. But just based on my own experience for online play and league play, sim ballers may be as big if not bigger a market. Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.
Back to top Go down
xhhx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:05 pm

StupidDialUp wrote:
I finally had the time to watch the live game broadcast of Shocker and Sgibs and while i know id enjoy a drink and some bull$%#@ing with the fellas on the cast, I gotta comment on my utter disappointment with the gamestyles presented by Shocker and Gibs. I saw no ingenuity other than the fact that shocker knew the draw would work on the uberzones Gibs displayed and Gibs saw the pick route to ford would work against the 46 man. THAT's it. I saw the same defense with the typical same adjustments (loop blitz where the end and LB come clean from the confused AI by gibs). The whole time I watched the game i was like, is this a virtual football competition or who can cheese-read the best? 10/11 guys all back in coverage? I didnt see football just being played. I saw crutches and cliche.

Now dont get me wrong, we all have our money plays, our money routes depending on down and distance. But that display was who had the better tasting cheese? Gouda, bluecheese, goatcheese, hoghead cheese, Brie, swiss. Not football!!!!!

That being said, I greatly respect the time and effort zfarls and sgibs put into maddenbible.com. I was browsing the site to see if there were basic things for the "sim ballers" out there like reading a defense presnap, causing mismatches in matchups, etc. You guys are clearly talented enough to put a tab for "sim game" strategies and tips. Just a thought. Im busting chops about cheese ballers but really yall are 'tournament ballers' and there clearly is a niche for that. But just based on my own experience for online play and league play, sim ballers may be as big if not bigger a market. Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

if your looking for a sim league you might wanna go somewhere else.
hope that your not on my schedule then becuase i have been to tournaments and i have won money with my "Cheese" (i prefer pepper jack).
My crews and I's total earnings are above 1 grand for the year.

everything in madden is cheese the faster you realize that the more games you will win.

if you are looking for a perfectly sim style of play you might want to start a computer franchise offline.

any play that you can run twice in a row and gain yards is cheese, running man all game is cheese, running zone all day is cheese, going for it on forth down is cheese, picking the raiders, cowboys, eagles, saints, ravens is cheese, Chris Johnson/Mike Vick is cheese. Blitzing 6 guys while the offense is blocking 5 is cheese. I can go on for ever...

Saying something is cheese is an excuse to trying to find out how to stop it.
just my two cents (nothing personal).
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Jaynizz, you are completely taking my post out of context bro. I love the MRL format. The fact that the league truly is a melting pot of styles. There is a place for tournament style play. The only thing i'd ever like for the MRL to consider is pushing back the game clock to 6 minutes (or at least 5 min). But to avoid any confusion or ill will, let me make my points clear:

1.) I define "sim" football as running several different packages over the course of the game (like at least 8-12), no glitches (nanos, rocket catches, etc.), no superzones (rushing 2 or less players), no AI abuse (putting a DT in a QB contain (spy sure, but contain?), and no huddle only once in a while, not all game long. There are only 10 routes in football and money plays and running the same routes each play is not cheesy to me because mathematically it's impossible to avoid it. Same defensively. It's actually smart sim football to show the same look but do something different to throw off your opponent.

2.) 4 minute quarters is too much of a "tourney-style" crutch. I guarentee if the clock was at least 5/6 minutes the standings would look mighty different at the end of the year than they did in previous seasons. 1 lost posession chances are you lose to a good baller, 2 lost possessions you all but likely will lose, 3 or more you lost before you step on the field. Longer qtrs allows owners to adjust allowing the better baller to almost always win. I dont know the complete make up of the league having only played 2 league games and 3 pick up games, but i almost would guarentee if the qtrs were 1 or 2 minutes longer, more sim style ballers would be at the top of the heap than guys like shocker or dark raven.

3.) Some owners (jizz, gibs, etc) im sure will be very successful regardless of the book that is used. But my point between sim style and tourney style is that an elite sim style player will compete with any O or D book. But that doesnt mean an elite Tourney baller will always be competitive with a foreign O or D book. That's why i think Sim Style is superior to tourney style.

4.) In no way am i trying to "dumb" down league play or make excuses. I promise you I will adjust. My ego wont allow me to not compete. Fact of the matter is, i take it as down right disgusting to lose to a tourney baller. 4 min qtrs anything can happen though!!!

An Jaynizz, I am on your schedule and believe me, ive had that game circled since i was accepted into the league brotha...like i said in my first tweet ever, "when you first go to prision, it's said that you find the biggest baddest dude in the yard and you shank him." Ill have my toothbrush ready playa!
Back to top Go down
Jamie4321

Jamie4321

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:02 pm

damn sdu im glad i meet you brotha because you always make me laugh when i read your post i swear you shoulda been a reporter but that prolly wouldnt have worked because you woulda been fired by every news place on earth lol
Back to top Go down
xhhx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 am

alright brotha after our game with MRL rules, i wanna play a game with your rules. Sim style play, your going to have to fill me in with details tho because honestly i don't know how to play sim anymore lol.

but it sounds like it could be fun and i would like to rise up to the challenge
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:52 am

xhhx_JayNizz wrote:
alright brotha after our game with MRL rules, i wanna play a game with your rules. Sim style play, your going to have to fill me in with details tho because honestly i don't know how to play sim anymore lol.

awesome. i look forward to the day. We dont have to wait to play that "sim" style game. Im ready whenever you are.

Basic rules for Sim (of course they very but these are usually standard): 6 min qtrs, all madden, fatigue on, etc.; no manually moving DB or LB's into inside gaps. Rush at least 3 players (de contains count as a rush); no nanos or AI abuse (i.e. loop rushing (watch sgibs 4th qtr on defense).

And of course for shits and giggles, we both pick the others playbooks. Now i just have to keep it close in both games so i dont look like a TARD like Shocker.
Back to top Go down
xhhx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:03 am

StupidDialUp wrote:
xhhx_JayNizz wrote:

awesome. i look forward to the day. We dont have to wait to play that "sim" style game. Im ready whenever you are.

Basic rules for Sim (of course they very but these are usually standard): 6 min qtrs, all madden, fatigue on, etc.; no manually moving DB or LB's into inside gaps. Rush at least 3 players (de contains count as a rush); no nanos or AI abuse (i.e. loop rushing (watch sgibs 4th qtr on defense).

And of course for shits and giggles, we both pick the others playbooks. Now i just have to keep it close in both games so i dont look like a TARD like Shocker.

lol ive been running this loop defense (aka contain defense for about three weeks)

I actually came across it on accident. I was labbing sweep/toss defense that worked well for either side of the formation and i accidentally came across this whole concept.

A few questions about sime
1.) so basically if i want to move my linebackers and DB's i have to do it with linebacker shifts and by showing blitz?

2.) No manual positioning my players at all?
3.) and i also have to have at least 3 linemen blitzing at all times?

4.) are slant outs aloud?
5.) and is stick from snugs aloud since it confuses the DBs in man coverage?

6.) and i am assuming that i can't audible down from certain sets to get more speed on the field on both offense and defense?

Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:42 am

xhhx_JayNizz wrote:
StupidDialUp wrote:
xhhx_JayNizz wrote:

lol ive been running this loop defense (aka contain defense for about three weeks)

I actually came across it on accident. I was labbing sweep/toss defense that worked well for either side of the formation and i accidentally came across this whole concept.

A few questions about sime
1.) so basically if i want to move my linebackers and DB's i have to do it with linebacker shifts and by showing blitz?

2.) No manual positioning my players at all?
3.) and i also have to have at least 3 linemen blitzing at all times?

4.) are slant outs aloud?
5.) and is stick from snugs aloud since it confuses the DBs in man coverage?

6.) and i am assuming that i can't audible down from certain sets to get more speed on the field on both offense and defense?

1. Correct
2. You can move and adjust anyone on the field, you just can't slide them manually into the gaps. (Just protects against nanos and AI abuse)
3. Yes
4. Yes (this can be manually defended)
5. Yes (this can be manually defended/adjusted)
6. Correct. You can audible up but not down. You can however use any playscreen packages or roster adjustments you want (I.e. Safety at lb, lb at de, cb at wr (like champ or rodgers-cromartie).
Back to top Go down
Nitka

Nitka

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Stupisdialup, are u putting Champ at WR? We are both Broncos he is rated 71 at WR with around a 75 catch which is higher then a lot 3rd and 4th WR.

Last edited by Nitka on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:31 pm

in 4 and 5 WR sets yeah i slide him in there over slow gaffney. I depend on him on defense too much to run him more than that though.
Back to top Go down
MaddenBible

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:22 am

StupidDialUp wrote:
in 4 and 5 WR sets yeah i slide him in there over slow gaffney. I depend on him on defense too much to run him more than that though.

that my friend is NOT sim.

lol
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:23 am

Touche...however if you were to read this back in what, 2004/2005...it would be very sim Smile Bailey still has a 70 overall as a WR...sick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS   SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS Empty

Back to top Go down

SHOCKER VS GIBS RESULT THOUGHTS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Revolution :: MRL Games :: MRL General Game Chat-
Jump to: