Madden Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE Madden Leagues offical Forums

HomeMadden RevolutionPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Great Debate

Go down 
+2
claymaker_52
StupidDialUp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Reading all this hype and talk from some of these young catz has me wondering, wtf happened to playing "football"? What makes a madden baller "great." Is it the street game, the game where a guy can run one offensive play with 3 different reads all game and be successful? Is it the baller who utilizes nano blitzes and semi-glitches? Or is it the baller who reads and reacts to defenses out of numerous defensive sets? or the baller who manually defends like troy polamalu?

I question some of you churrin and the approach yall take. What happened to playing FOOTBALL? yall hookas playing video games. Im going to issue a challenge to you guys...sure this challenge wont get much play NOW without me earning what's mine, but next season, ill challenge anyone to play outside of your comfort zone. Ill challenge anyone to a game to where you choose my offensive playbook and my defensive playbook and vise versa. In my opinion, THAT'S how you decide who is the best madden "baller." What type of man are you without your 4-6? your 4 wr bunch?

Oh boy can i hear the knees buckle in the MRL....WHO'S GONNA TAKE ME UP ON THE BALL UP CHALLENGE NEXT SEASON?

Oh, and why do i issue the challenge for next season? Because I plan on showing that "sim" football can compete with "street/gouda ball."
Back to top Go down
claymaker_52

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: I'll accept   The Great Debate EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:39 am

I think that's a great idea. Honestly I'd love for that to be how my re-match with Shocker would go down. I honestly don't think he'd be able to play me close if he didn't have his cowboys playbook. so maybe tomorrow night you'd like to do this little challenge. it'd be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
xhhx_JayNizz

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:54 pm

i think it is a great idea, i honestly can run 5-6 books on offense comfortably
and im pretty comfortable running a defensive scheme out of, any 4-3, nickle normal, nickle strong, 46, 4-4 dime, dime flat.

Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Jay, you are either tryin to trick us into giving you a 3-4 book or really enjoy a challenge! Hopefully some of these younger catz will ball up next season.
Back to top Go down
xhhx_JayNizz

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:33 pm

nope lol i will tell you how it is, 3-4 is defiantly my weakest formation, but id do know how to use it
Back to top Go down
Nitka

Nitka

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:28 am

StupidDialUp wrote:
Reading all this hype and talk from some of these young catz has me wondering, wtf happened to playing "football"? What makes a madden baller "great." Is it the street game, the game where a guy can run one offensive play with 3 different reads all game and be successful? Is it the baller who utilizes nano blitzes and semi-glitches? Or is it the baller who reads and reacts to defenses out of numerous defensive sets? or the baller who manually defends like troy polamalu?

I question some of you churrin and the approach yall take. What happened to playing FOOTBALL? yall hookas playing video games. Im going to issue a challenge to you guys...sure this challenge wont get much play NOW without me earning what's mine, but next season, ill challenge anyone to play outside of your comfort zone. Ill challenge anyone to a game to where you choose my offensive playbook and my defensive playbook and vise versa. In my opinion, THAT'S how you decide who is the best madden "baller." What type of man are you without your 4-6? your 4 wr bunch?

Oh boy can i hear the knees buckle in the MRL....WHO'S GONNA TAKE ME UP ON THE BALL UP CHALLENGE NEXT SEASON?

Oh, and why do i issue the challenge for next season? Because I plan on showing that "sim" football can compete with "street/gouda ball."

I for one will not be using a MISC book in league play. How often do NFL teams pick a random book before a game? However, I do think its a good idea. We can do an MRL tourney after season 3 before season 4 and the rules can be team specific books or a round books. Like in the first round everyone has to use >>>>> book. Im interested to hear some thoughts on this.

-Nitka
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
cat_burgler

cat_burgler

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

geek ...yeah let's shake up a few things around here.....I'm n .... bounce
Back to top Go down
GoldenRage
Admin
GoldenRage

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:28 pm

I like the enthusiasm, however, Even though I consider myself more of a sim-style player, Rage finds no purpose for such tournament. Whats Madden football with out your own unique style. Incase y'all forgot, Madden is a virtual game, but I guess it would be kind of interesting. If you'all really want to mix things up around here, how bout an offseason 3 vs 3 tournament. Now that would be fun! Kind of like BlackOps Madden Style!!! This is actually something that Nitka and I have discussed in an effort to offer a bit more variety and fun to the offseason. Thoughts???
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Love the idea of a 3v3 tourney. love the idea of a mixed o/d book tourney, love the idea of individual "wager" league games where owners agree to pick each others books in league play if they wanna "ball up." i guess a bigger question is how many "sim" players and how many "tourney" players do we have in the league? My guess is about 50/50 or 60/40 tourney to sim?

Obviously, im "sim" style. I dont nano, I dont run unbumpable routes. I do have money plays though, but anyone (even sim players) who say they dont lose instant credibility with me.

Of course, what i think aint worth squat after my loss to bearromano who threw me with his uberzones on long down and distances. I look forward to adjusting to both styles of play to keep me on my feet. But ill always be a champion to the "sim" baller baby!!! Call me Sean Peyton!
Back to top Go down
xhhx_JayNizz

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:14 pm

StupidDialUp wrote:
Love the idea of a 3v3 tourney. love the idea of a mixed o/d book tourney, love the idea of individual "wager" league games where owners agree to pick each others books in league play if they wanna "ball up." i guess a bigger question is how many "sim" players and how many "tourney" players do we have in the league? My guess is about 50/50 or 60/40 tourney to sim?

Obviously, im "sim" style. I dont nano, I dont run unbumpable routes. I do have money plays though, but anyone (even sim players) who say they dont lose instant credibility with me.

Of course, what i think aint worth squat after my loss to bearromano who threw me with his uberzones on long down and distances. I look forward to adjusting to both styles of play to keep me on my feet. But ill always be a champion to the "sim" baller baby!!! Call me Sean Peyton!

i feel like the only way to have a pure sim game is to use gameflow

just my opinion tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Great Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Debate   The Great Debate Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Debate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Revolution :: MRL Games :: MRL General Game Chat-
Jump to: